Thursday, December 4, 2008

Brief Explanation of Tomae vs. Knappers

Tomae's System Plays are the original and many are loyalists (some may say fundamentalists) are faithful to his AP Poll ONLY methodology. The Knappers' System Plays reach a little more and include both the AP Poll AND the ESPN/Coaches Poll when deciding on potential System Plays. Some years that includes a bunch of extra winning plays in the equation with only nominal losses also included. Other years it is a wash and you lose a few units on the vig. Take this to heart when making decisions on how to utilize this system and I also wanted readers to understand that this is the distinction between the CURRENT RECORD section on the top right of this blog. Thanks, and good luck!

UPDATE - The Knappers has requested that I take his name off the 'alternate' system plays, so I have changed it to Bob-O's System Plays, for those plays I am told I force by including the ESPN/USA Today Poll in the System as well as Tomae's traditional AP Poll take on this.

No comments: