
OK, for starters, what the fuck is the ACC doing in whatever limited plays we even have to consider right now?! I am going to post this for the record, but due to the official 0-2 start to Tomae's System, everyone else layed off this one, but I liked the game. I like NC State at home where they are off to a 5-0 start (7-1 overall). Technically, Marquette is unranked in the AP Poll, which is behind the originial methodolgy of this system. But they are 25th ranked in the ESPN/Coaches Poll, and I like some other factors including Marquette lost by 12 at Tennessee last week and then followed that up by expending energy to beat Western Carolina at home just three days ago. Don't get me wrong, Marquette is a very good team that Tom Crean left behind (when he took the Indiana job) with the stellar trio of senior guards Jerel McNeal, Dominick James, and Wesley Matthews. Not to mention sharp-shooting forward Lazar Hayward. That crew will keep this team in any game.
But most importantly, who doesn't love Sidney Lowe's fashion sensabilities? This guy's got the best sport jacket collection this side of Bruce Pearl! His Wolfpack red is somehow more respectable than that Rocky Top, Volunteer orange. Anyway, I digress, as Tennessee has nothing to do with this whatsoever. I just like to rant on them sometimes. Anyway, I think NC State plays tough at home tonight. Lowe is an up-and-coming young coach in the ACC and this team is loaded, led by talented upper classmen, guard Courtney Fells and forward Brandon Costner. The line is even and Raleigh is a tough place to win after a long week on the road and a short amount of rest since Marquette's last game; I'll take the Wolfpack in this one.

No comments:
Post a Comment